Alex came to REDTORCH after working primarily as a digital marketer in the non-profit sector. Alex’s last role was at Cancer Research UK, where he was involved in promoting the charity’s fundraising challenges through digital mediums such as social media and email marketing. Alex’s taste for working in sport developed after working a term in the sponsorship division of Manchester United Football Club. He’s now ready to dive back into that world with REDTORCH.
Alex graduated from Newcastle University in 2012 with a BSc in Physical Geography. The following year he studied songwriting at the London-based Institute of Contemporary Music Performance. Upon graduation, Alex discovered the ever-evolving world of marketing and felt enthused to learn more. After earning Professional Certificate in Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing, Alex looked to marketing as a profession and has now found himself a home at REDTORCH as Digital Project Manager.
If I could only watch one sport for the rest of my life it would be…
On my bucket list is…
* Take a road trip across USA
* Publish my own poetry collection
* Run a marathon (maybe a half marathon first…let’s see how my dodgy knees hold up!).
My biggest sporting achievement
* Playing cricket in Abu Dhabi International Stadium and Sharjah Stadium
* Bowling out a current England player in a net session whilst at school (pretty sure he’d hit me to all four corners of the park nowadays…)
Spending time with family and friends.