13 December 2019
We are REDTORCH a digital comms agency based in Kings Cross and we are looking to hire a permanent member of staff to work across our global sporting clients – including one focused on international equestrian sports.
Responsibilities include writing, editing, packaging and producing highly engaging social media content, drive community engagement and direct fan response – you will be connecting with sports fans worldwide.
The successful candidate must be a very skilled copy writer and social media enthusiast, have an eye for detail, excellent organisational and multitasking skills and a serious passion for sport.
You must be eligible to work in the UK (we’re based in Kings Cross, London), hold a valid passport and be excited about the prospect of travelling to and working at major sports events worldwide. As such the role will involve regular weekend work, delivering live-event social media coverage for events which occur on a Saturday and/or Sunday.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a young team in a dynamic and growing business that inspires people worldwide through the power of sport.
· Content calendar creation, scheduling and posting across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other networks
· Help develop and deliver campaign strategies in line with client objectives – coordinating internal and external contributors / partners
· Edit and publish high-quality written content, ensuring it is powerful, engaging and accurate
· Work with production teams to curate, create, edit and publish video and graphics content for a variety of clients’ social media accounts
· Ability to react in real-time to sporting and ‘on trend’ moments
· Liaise with an international team, including the rights holder, broadcast production partner, sponsors, national teams, and athletes
· Work closely with micro and macro influencers to drive social engagement
· Confidently deliver remote and onsite social media coverage for global sports events
· Compile weekly / monthly monitoring reports on fan discussion and community-created content
· 1-2 years social media experience – preferably from a publishing background
· A pro-active positive attitude, self-motivated and plenty of initiative
· Passionate and knowledgeable about sport
· Journalism degree or equivalent
· Quick, creative and brilliant copy writer and copy editor – a passion for news and storytelling
· English speaking with fluency in a second language a bonus
· Prolific social media user – proven track record of growing social channels
· Organised – calm under pressure and good at planning ahead
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with other team members and provide effective copywriting advice and guidance
· Believe data insight can help shape stories
· A passion for learning and staying up-to-date with latest digital trends
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop their role and experiences. You will be working alongside people with significant sports industry and digital communications experience, and with learning embedded in our culture we expect you to develop quickly.
· Competitive salary, pension and holiday entitlements
· Global travel
· Attend and work at World Championship sports events
· Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Credit: FEI / Christophe Taniere